IS IT SAFE?
Yes, Monster Ink Bali we prioritise customer safety, ensuring a sterile environment through the use of disposable needles, state of the art sterilisation equipment and hospital grade disinfectant.
All artists have their own style and don’t just tattoo everything
IS THERE ANYONE THAT YOU WILL NOT TATTOO?
We will not tattoo anyone under the age of 18 regardless of parental consent. It is a criminal offence in to do so, so please do not try and negotiate. We reserve the right to request ID. We will not tattoo anyone that we believe to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or anyone with transmittable diseases.
DO YOU TAKE EFTPOS?
Eftpos is available for all deposits, vouchers, aftercare products, numbing cream and clothing.
DO YOU DO COVERUPS?
Yes. In most cases we are able to do cover ups but this is dependent upon the tattoo that you are wishing to have covered. You will need to send photos of the cover up to your preferred artist to assess your options.
We might encourage you to have some laser removal to fade your existing tattoo which will help to cover the tattoo.
TATTOOING OVER SCARS
Yes we tattoo over some scars but we do require a consult in person to see what we are able to achieve. This is important because without knowing the texture of the skin and density of the scar we are at a loss for how to design a piece to suit. However If your scarring is light and flat to touch it may not require an in person consultation. We like scars to be at least three years old. Please send photos with your booking request so we can let you know.
CAN YOU COPY AN EXACT TATTOO FROM A PICTURE I HAVE?
We will not copy other people’s work. We pride ourselves on the unique tattoos that we do. What we will do is use the tattoo you like as reference to design a piece in the style that is unique to our artist’s style and tattooing technique. When you choose a tattoo artist it is usually because you like the style of tattoo that they do. Asking them to copy can be offensive and can put them in a difficult position with other artists. We have spent years researching tattooing and developing our style, and if you are happy with the work that we have previously done it is best to trust our ideas.
HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?
It is important to discuss what you want with your artist of choice to receive a more accurate quote based on the work you are having done. We also offer half day and full day sessions. A day session is approximately 6-7 hours. Setup time and breaks are included in this time. Some sessions can extend longer depending on what is required of that tattoo, please allow for extra time but please do not expect it.
DO I NEED TO PAY A DEPOSIT?
Yes. All bookings require a minimum US$ 25% deposit.This will be deducted off the total price of your tattoo.
All deposits are non-refundable and cannot be transferred between clients.
We will provide you with deposit details once you have booked in a date with your artist.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE MAKING A BOOKING
1. Name and contact number
2. What you would like tattooed
3. Where and what side you would like it to be on your body
4. What size you would like – height and width (Please don’t guess, use a ruler or tape measure)
5. Would you like it in colour or black and grey
6. What style of tattoo (Traditional/realistic. Please advise)
7. Attach any reference images you have – photos, etc
8. Please send through a photo of the area you would like to get tattooed. Photos are best taken by another person, while you are standing in a NATURAL position. Try to avoid mirror selfies and flexing. Please ensure the photographer takes a photo in good lighting, as flat as possible with no angles.
Please don’t email or call us and ask “how much do you charge” or “how long is your wait” We need to know the above information to answer those questions.
WHAT IF I NEED TO RESCHEDULE/CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT
Please don’t just not show up. Always let us know if you’re unable to make it, a lot of unpaid research goes into your tattoo prior to your appointment. If you need to reschedule your appointment to another day, 1 week of notice will be required otherwise your deposit will be forfeited as any time frame less than this is generally very difficult to find someone to fill your spot. Deposits are non-refundable however they can be applied to future bookings if you have provided enough notice. You will only be rescheduled once, except in exceptional circumstances.
CAN I SEE MY DESIGN PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT?
Due to an extremely busy working schedule, we are often unable to provide final artwork prior to the session. Any small adjustments can be made the morning of your appointment. This is why it is important to send as much detail as possible in your initial enquiry.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
• Get a good nights sleep the night before your tattoo.
• Have a good healthy breakfast and stay hydrated.
• Bring a bottle of water to your appointment.
• It is also important to keep your blood sugar up so bring some lollies or sugary drinks if you wish.
• You’re more than welcome to wear head phones and listen to your own music.
• Please, shower before your appointment.
• Please don’t make or take phone calls while you are getting tattooed – this is for your benefit.
• Bring a pillow, if you are sitting for a long time a pillow will make you far more comfortable.
• Once you book your appointment, begin moisturising your skin once or twice a day where you are getting your tattoo, and drink plenty of water in the lead up to your appointment.
• These things will assist in keeping your skin hydrated and result in a better looking tattoo.
Please come in 15 minutes early to fill out any forms and to go over the design.
WHAT TO WEAR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
We need a large amount of area exposed around the tattoo for stretching and cleaning the skin. So here are a few suggestions to make things easier for both you and your artist.
1. Wear loose comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement.
2. Wear clothing you won’t mind getting ink stains on.
3. Wear loose fitting shorts if you are getting your thigh tattooed. Skirts and dresses can make this awkward for both of us.
4. If you’re a female getting your back done, you will not want your chest exposed so please wear a button up or zipper down shirt so that you can wear it backwards like a smock.
5. For females getting your chest/sternum done please wear bras or bikinis that clasp in front.
6. If you are getting your feet tattooed wear thongs or loose shoes. Your feet swell. Also, please be courteous and wash your feet.
7. Bring something to put your hair up. If you have long hair and are getting neck or shoulder area tattooed. It is better to have a way to get your hair up and off your skin.
8. Shave areas that are being tattooed if they are excessively hairy. Please do this with an electric razor or hair clippers . Your tattooed area is always shaven to clean and prepare the service for the tattoo application. We only use disposable razors which are limited in ability to get through excessively hairy areas. Please come prepared.